Wellington police want the public’s help to catch a man who has been indecently exposing himself to women on a walking track in Prince of Wales Park.
Police have received reports of the man performing indecent acts on himself while women were walking by on four separate occasions over five months.
The incidents occurred on the Prince of Wales Park walking track in the suburb of Mount Cook between October and April 18, ranging between the hours of 1pm and 7pm.
Police said described the man as being either balding or with a shaven head, and aged between 40 and 50.
* Middle-aged man seen exposing himself on Wellington tracks
He was wearing prescription glasses and was possibly of Maori or Asian descent.
Detective Sergeant Haley Ryan said it was likely the same man in each incident.
“This sort of behaviour is unacceptable and we want to identify this man as soon as possible,” she said.
She strongly believed the man was local to the area and that neighbours may recognise the description.
She also said many of the women had returned home before calling police, and urged that anyone who witnesses indecent behaviour dial 111 immediately as police can get there fast enough to catch the culprit.
“We believe the public can help us find out who he is, so we are asking for people to come forward if they have information or may have experienced a similar incident,” Ryan said.
“Police reminds users of the track to be aware of their surroundings and to call police immediately if they see anything suspicious.”
It has previously been reported that in one of the incidents, in January, a female walker rounded a corner and came across a man who stood in front of her masturbating.
The man was described as 1.76 metres tall, with a slim build and short dark hair. He was wearing a green T-shirt and khaki shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Haley Ryan on (04) 381 2000 or provide information anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.